Friday, February 12, 2010

Soothie Soothes My Baby

Dummy. Pacifier. Binkie. I'll be honest. No matter what you call it, I was the kind of mom who said I'd NEVER give my baby any "sleep aides."

And then I actually became a mom... of a crabby baby.

Let me tell you, things changed FAST. I know they say that crying is healthy. "Its your baby's way of communicating." "Its your baby's only form of exercise." But every mom knows, sometimes you're just desperate to help your baby calm down.

Fortunately, my mom was about to fly across the Pacific to the land down under and before she left, my sister (who has been through just about every pacifier in the shops) handed her a two-pack of Soothies as she was leaving.



According to the manufacturer's website, "Soothie is a premium pacifier designed for newborns and babies without teeth who are successfully bottle or breastfeeding. Its one-piece construction adheres to the American Academy of Pediatrics guidelines."

From a mom's point of view, my first thought was, "I can't believe I'm succumbing to this." The second was, "Wow. My child looks ridiculous!" HOWEVER, when I saw how happy it made him, I was stoked! The Soothie is small enough to fit in his mouth and flexible enough to feel pretty close to the real deal. When he's not hungry but wanting to suckle, this is the perfect solution. Plus, it gives Daddy a way to help soothe him too. Good for bonding and to give mom a rest.



The best part is, Soothie's are very affordable. You can purchase them online at a number of outlets including, The Preemie Store. A 2-pack is only $4.29 (USD) and they ship to Australia!




Please comment if you know where to pick one of these up in Australia!

No comments:

Post a Comment